Has your mom ever told you to never use a metal spoon on your pots and pans? That’s because if you aren’t using non toxic cookware you are most likely scratching off toxic chemicals with your spoon off of your cookware and right into your food/body.
WHAT COOKWARE MATERIALS SHOULD YOU AVOID?
Amongst many other materials, here are two major ones to avoid:
- Teflon, also known as PTFE or polytetrafluoroethylene which has been linked to breast cancer, prostate cancer, reduced fertility and more.
- PFOA, or perfluorooctanoic acid, which is sometimes just labeled as “nonstick” which negatively affects growth and development, reproduction, and may injure the liver.
WHAT ARE NON TOXIC COOKWARE MATERIALS?
- Ceramic, which is nonstick, scratch-resistant and very easy to clean
- Cast iron, will last you years and retains heat wicked well!
- Stainless steel, not nonstick but very durable and for the most part inexpensive
Okay, so now the question is what brands I suggest for your non toxic cookware? Below is my recommendation list and all 7 of them are available and linked to Amazon (because life is easier with Amazon). Hope this helps!