21 Must Have Products For Newborn’s First 3 Months
Finally, 10 weeks postpartum I was able to finish my newborn’s first three months must have products post for all of you beautiful people who are either expecting a little one or already have your newborn in your arms. I am actually glad I didn’t put this blog post together prior because so many item I realized were a must only in the second month of Lia’s life. I also wanted to keep this semi-short not to overwhelm anyone and only include my personal MUST’S. Obviously you’ll need clothing, bedsheets for the crib, a baby monitor and any nursery things you’d like BUT see the list below and hopefully it helps some of you narrow it down. (PS: These are not in order or organized into sections because – new mom life didn’t allow me the extra time to do that for you, forgive me!).
- Fisher-Price Deluxe Cradle ‘n Swing- Surreal Serenity – Soothing Baby Swing With Two Swinging Motions, Super Soft Fabrics & a Built-In Mobile (She didn’t like it her first few weeks – granted she didn’t fit it right yet, but once she grew into it she absolutely loves it and falls asleep in it almost every time; game changerrrr!).
2. Skip Hop Baby Sound Machine: Stroll & Go Portable Baby Sleep Soother, Owl – MUST HAVE. We literally take this with us everywhere, it has many sounds you can use but our go-to is the white noise. Super portable and I attach it to our stroller, to the car seat, everywhere.
3. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub & these are my favorite bamboo towels (I’d get at least 2-3)
4. LaLaMe Organic Baby Nest Crib, Baby Lounger Pillow, Water-Resistant Co-Sleeping Newborn Bassinet – Lia naps in this all day long, it’s a cheaper option for the dockatot AND made from organic fabrics!
5. Maxi-Cosi Car Seats Nomad – We went with this brand due to their stroller (listed below) so we also got their car seat! It’s been really great, not heavy like most brands.
6. Maxi-Cosi Lila Modular Stroller – we absolutely LOVE this stroller because of so many reasons but mostly because first, it wont break your bank but its still AMAZING quality, and secondly because there is no second ‘bassinet’ part – the stroller actually can straighten out into a fully flat bed/bassinet! No need to find a place to store that extra part after a few months when your baby grows out of it. Not to mention it comes with SO many extra accessories and I fold/open it with ONE hand!
7. 100% Organic Cloth Baby Burp Cloths We LOVE these, so so soft! Use it daily.
8. Diaper Bag Backpack, SUPER lightweight, PLENTY of pockets, stroller friendly and cute/affordable.
9. hiccapop Baby Wipe Warmer (We got two so we have one for each place we change her the most frequent), I love this one because it has a little light you can turn on for night time diaper changing.
10. Ubbi Steel Odor Locking , & their bags (keeps all the bad smells locked away!) We also got their on-to-go diaper dispenser for when you’re out and don’t want to throw away your babies dirty diaper in their trash and an on-the-go changing pad. We also got these Odor Absorbing Gel packets and place one in the bottom of the bin, replace once every few months.
11. Baby Electric Nail File – this is super gentle and makes filing those glass sharp thin nails very fast and easy!
12. Infant Probiotic Drops – I honestly believe Lia hasn’t had much gas problems because of this – it helps with bowel movements and pass gas easier, we give this to Lia every night between 5-7pm along with Vitamin D drops as it’s the only thing not passed through breastmilk.
13. This is the Babyletto Hudson crib we chose, it is nontoxic and 3-in-1 Convertible so it grows with her! We also got the matching changing table for it from this website here with it’s changing table mattress (all nontoxic!).
14. Lupantte Baby Play Gym Mat – We love it for play time and tummy time, the little moon pillow it comes with is so great, we also use it when we need to change her after she nurses to prevent spit up. She also has really loved looking at the black and white little noise making book it comes with since they only see black and white colors the first few months).
15. THE softest hair brush in all the land for your precious little one.
16. Tiny Love Take Along Mobile – This has been a life savior for us on car rides!
17. Lulyboo to-Go Baby Lounge – Lia LOVES spending time in this outdoors once she reached 2 months!
18. If you are breastfeeding, this nursing pillow is great.
19. For breastfeeding, the Haakaa is so so so soooo great. I use it on one side while she nurses on the other, during car rides if I feel too full, etc.
20. FRIDABABY Baby Nasal Aspirator – This looked so odd.. but it’s WAY gentler than the pump they use at the hospital and it’s been working like magic for Lia’s little boogies!
21. If you are breastfeeding but also want the option to fed your baby your milk via bottle, I highly recommend these Nanobebé mom shaped bottles, Lia uses them when I need to bottle feed her and still latches on me like a pro for nursing. We got this starter pack for our baby shower and it’s been wonderful.
Lastly, I recommend getting the following products for their skin/bath/changing needs:
The Honest Company Organic Body Oil (I give her a fully body massage with this after every single bath, she LOVES it and it helps them be more aware of their body part/ where it starts and ends, etc. such a special bonding time too!)
The Honest Company 2Piece Gently Nourishing Sweet Almond Shampoo and Body Wash – This is what we use to wash her.
The Honest Company Diaper Rash Cream and their Newborn Diapers ( I’d get at least 3 boxes of this.. they go FAST especially when breastfeeding) and their baby wipes to go into that wipes warmer machine I mentioned earlier.
That’s it for now! I will write one of these when she reaches 6 months with updated products but I really hope this helps! Let me know if I forgot anything!