Aveeno Is Toxic
Yes, You heard it here first – Aveeno, the sadly widely trusted brand ‘tested by dermatologists and hypoallergenic’, is indeed toxic for you! Did you know that 80% of the ingredients in our products (makeup, skincare, etc.) are absorbed into our bodies and then into our bloodstreams and therefore actively hurting and distrusting us.
Prior to my research on Aveeno, I used to be loyal to the brand, bought it at my local CVS. After digging into their ingredient lists, I was saddened to realize how toxic almost all the Aveeno products are.
To give you a little insight of the ingredients I found listed on the back of most of my Aveeno products – I’ll share the first 3 I was horrified to learn about:
1. Fragrance : did you know that about 3000 fragrance ingredients is added to most of the personal care products? Fragrance is known to be a hormone disruptor and causes allergy and it is actually not required by law for companies to disclose the specific ingredients used to produce these fragrances.
2. Butyl Paraben : preservatives that is toxic to reproduction , is a hormone disruptor , and carcinogenic!
3. Ethyl paraben – A chemical used to preserve the product formula as well as a fragrance ingredient. It creates immunotoxicity and is an endocrine disruptor, not to mention causes allergy!
So… What to replace with you ask? you can check out my blog post here for all my non-toxic, natural skincare product favorites, and here are a few of my personal favorite non toxic brands/products:
1. 100% Pure Acai Pulp Facial Scrub
2. Coola Organic Face Sunscreen
3. Naturopathica Facial Cleanser
4. Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes
ur blo is much interesting to us. I’ll thnx u a lot for sharing the interesting info.
This is my first time go to see at here and
i am genuinely happy to read everthing at single place.
You really help it become seem very easy with the
presentation having said that i find this matter to
be actually something which I believe I would never understand.
It appears to be too complicated and very broad in my opinion. I’m looking forward for
your forthcoming post, I will try to get the hang than it!