One of my life goals is to live as sustainably as I can while still staying true to who I am. For me, that means not buying paper towels or napkins and instead , using reusable/washable little towelettes. It means I no longer own any plastic containers and only use glass ones (although I don’t kill myself over the occasional take out plastic containers, rather keep them and make sure to reuse them somehow). It means I bring reusable bags whenever I go grocery shopping, and if I forget, I buy only what I can carry in my two hands and turn down the plastic bag. I have many more examples of the little things I do that are more sustainable and eco-friendly, but the point is that life is all about balance for me, and I do what I can to live it as sustainably as I can and feel comfortable with.
When it came down to an engagement ring, I always knew I wanted a diamond but I wanted one I can trace and from a place that I felt I could stand behind and represent for the rest of my life.
Being that I’ve been with my now Fiancé for 8 years prior to his proposal, I did lots of research and sent him a link to where I wanted my ring from once I had figured it out.
I chose Brilliant Earth.
Brilliant Earth is transparent with its sustainable sourcing and
Beyond Conflict Free Diamonds™ , I am able to trace where my diamond came from and know that it was carefully selected for its ethical and environmentally responsible origins.
They even use recycled previous metals and to top it all off, their packaging is eco- friendly. My fiancé knew I wanted a luxurious ring that I wouldn’t feel guilty wearing , but rather proud & honored, and with Brilliant Earth I now have exactly that.
About my Diamond
My diamond is a Botswana Sort diamond.
Fun fact: Botswana is actually where Prince Harry sourced his diamond for Meghan Markle! Choosing a diamond from Botswana reflects Prince Harry and Meghan’s shared commitment to social and environmental responsibility. Botswana diamond mining has contributed to transforming Botswana into one of Africa’s most prosperous countries, and Botswana diamond mines are dedicated to minimizing their environmental footprint. Revenue from Botswana Sort diamonds have been re-invested into education, health care, and infrastructure. Botswana diamond mines are dedicated to minimizing their environmental footprint, monitoring their impact, and rehabilitating sites after use.
Learn about Beyond Conflict Free Diamonds™: https://www.brilliantearth.com/conflict-free-diamonds/
Shop Beyond Conflict Free Diamonds™ Botswana Sort diamonds: https://www.brilliantearth.com/botswana-diamonds-search/
Other facts about Brilliant Earth
- You can create your own one of a kind engagement ring right on their website by picking from a variety of ethically-sourced diamonds, gemstones, metal types, and settings
- They also offer wedding rings, vintage rings, as well as earrings, bracelets, and necklaces such as this one, the Unity Diamond Necklace that I have and love
- Brilliant Earth has exclusive, unique designs you can’t find anywhere else
- Their jewelry is made from exceptional quality and craftsmanship
- Their award-winning designers sketch iconic designs, which are then brought to life by their master jewelers
Brilliant Earth’s Mission
- Brilliant Earth is the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry
- They are passionate about cultivating a more transparent, sustainable, and compassionate jewelry industry
- Brilliant Earth goes above and beyond the current industry standards to offer Beyond Conflict Free Diamonds™ along with fine jewelry crafted from recycled precious metals
- They donate 5% of profits to help build a brighter future in communities impacted by the jewelry industry
- You can have a personalized shopping experience by visiting one of their 7 showrooms and meeting with a Jewelry specialist
- Their showroom are elegant, low-pressure, relaxing, helpful, personalized, and fun!
- To make your Brilliant Earth purchasing experience as stress-free as possible, they also offer free shipping and returns on all US orders and flexible payment options (My fiancé was able to finance a portion of the ring).
We also sat down and explained in much more detail why we chose Brilliant Earth, check it out here: